My in-process RV-8 is in need of a single 3 1/8" Instrument in the location of my Mid Cabin Cover. It is a fuel injection controller, and not typically required during flight, so I am ok with the lower location. (and I have zero panel space available)
There are 3 ways to solve this that I can think of:
My questions for this group:
- Take part F-880C-R-1 (Mid Cabin Cover on drawing 68A) from an RV-8A, and cut down the aft portion, and fit it on an RV-8.
- Design and make a similar part to the F-880C-R-1 myself. If I do this, I would probably rotate the face of the instrument about 30 degrees toward the pilot.
- Construct an angled "box" that would sit on top of the existing part F-881-1 (Drawing 68) with a hole for the rear of the instrument.
- RV-8 Builders: Has anyone done something similar to #1 above?
- RV-8A Builders: Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the rear angled face of F-880C-R-1? If it isn't at least 3.8" it won't work for my application.
Here is a very rough mock-up.
or here if that link doesn't work: http://tinypic.com/m/k51iko/4