What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exporting an Project Aircraft from the US - HELP PLEASE

LampiesJR

Good day guys

Since I?m from South Africa, I am not sure how the FAA?s regulations work. I?ve found an RV that was in a light ground loop accident in Idaho. The owner said that he is unable to export the aircraft unless he can prove that the aircraft is or has been in for an annual inspection and that the aircraft is airworthy. This is obviously not possible since the aircraft was involved in a accident. I also want to buy the aircraft as a project and fix it myself.
What does the rules and regulations say about Exporting a Project Aircraft to another country. Who has done this and has gone through the whole process recently?

Thanks

Exporting

When I brought my plane to Canada from the US, the only thing I remember the FAA doing was to deregister the plane.

Exporting the plane is not the issue. You need to consult your South African regulations on what is required to IMPORT a home-built/amateur built airplane. Each country has its' own regs on importing and you need to very educated on them before you try to do it.

Back