What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beaufort NC

Electrogunner

Well Known Member
Any pireps on KMRH in beauford? Flying in for the holiday weekend. I see the fuel is a little pricey, but it's a coastal tourist place so.
Thanks

Was there last Thursday....it was blowing 30 on the surface, but they have SW runways so all ended up good. Lot of military in the area, so eyes open as you cross through the MOAs. Some restricted areas close by, eg: bombing ranges. Just jump off shore/ocean side of barrier islands and fly the coast line and you are good, just pay attention to where you cross at to come back inland. You can talk to Cherry Point Apprch if you want to fly in the R areas. Chad and the crew at KMRH are good people, like most that manage our southern airports. Enjoy your flight south, and make sure you bring your cover....temps are going to be close to 100 in the SE this weekend and next week !

Was there last Thursday....it was blowing 30 on the surface, but they have SW runways so all ended up good. Lot of military in the area, so eyes open as you cross through the MOAs. Some restricted areas close by, eg: bombing ranges. Just jump off shore/ocean side of barrier islands and fly the coast line and you are good, just pay attention to where you cross at to come back inland. You can talk to Cherry Point Apprch if you want to fly in the R areas. Chad and the crew at KMRH are good people, like most that manage our southern airports. Enjoy your flight south, and make sure you bring your cover....temps are going to be close to 100 in the SE this weekend and next week !

Thanks. I talked to Chad and he is almost positive he can put my -10 inside for the weekend. Good thing because my canopy cover is not in yet. I'll do VFR flight following so I'm sure I'll be talking to cherry point on the Last leg. It will certainty be a hot one down there this weekend.

Back