What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Quickbuild Cost Timeline

JokerF22

Hi all-

I?ve looked around a little, but couldn?t seem to find any questions and answers about cost outlays and when they come due. I?m buying the empennage for the -14 in the next few weeks and am planning a QB wing and fuselage. With lead times of 5 months for the QB, what?s the next expense after the tail kit? Is it the entire QB kit price on Vans? site or do I subtract the empennage kit costs from that number? Or can any of that be broken up into chunks, like waiting on purchasing the finish kit etc.? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Does this link help with your questions?

http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/order_forms/rv-14_qb_order_form.pdf

It lists the prices of the Empennage/Tailcone Kit, Quickbuild Kit (only includes wings and fuselage), and the Finish Kit.

It also discusses when payment is due.

Thanks for the response. I?ve looked at the order form, but maybe I?m missing the obvious. Here?s the cost breakdown from Vans:

Empennage - 4335
Wing - 8045 (SB)
Fuselage - 9975 (SB)
Finish kit - 13,200
QB Kit - 48,635

Does that QB cost include the empennage and finish kit cost? If so, when I?m ready to order the QB wings and fuselage how much will I pay at that point? Then can i wait on the finish kit until later as well?

Sorry for the basic questions. Just trying to get it all straight.

Does that QB cost include the empennage and finish kit cost? If so, when I’m ready to order the QB wings and fuselage how much will I pay at that point? Then can i wait on the finish kit until later as well?

Quickbuild only includes Wings and Fuselage.

So you have the following steps:
1. Empennage
2. Quickbuild Wings + Fuselage
3. Finishing Kit
4. Firewall forward, engine etc.

Also have a look at https://www.vansaircraft.com/public/cost-estimator.htm

Best,
Malte

Last edited:
Just a quick follow-up...I finally figured out what my problem was (one of them, at least). Whenever I opened up the order form on mobile or iPad, the costs are NOT listed on the right. It's blank! I realized this when I happened to look at the form on a desktop computer and everything finally became clear.

Thanks for the responses.

Back