What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 4, 0- 320 oil filter adapters

Sixgun

I am wanting to do away with the oil screen and install a oil filter adapter and filter on my 0 320 B3A engine. Its an older conical mount, and I'd like to know the best one to get and the length of the spacer I'm going to need to clear the engine mount. If any of you folks could steer me in the right direction on this installation, I'd be most appreciative of your advise.
Thanks,.. George

I have a similar set up on my -4. It uses the Casper Labs adapter with the smaller motor-sport filter. This gives easy access for changing and plenty of clearance .
ncoFSj4VV6SK6gs8NF1B6kyVdahhmJHFj1cZeLh8m7eV1MWypqz02onOX0zOIkew1WqZySgorjjJRTtJCrGMSDtNQJnqXuyDOB0=w1920-h1200-rw-no

RV4 conical mount filter

Several years I bought a Casper oil filter adapter for my conical mount O-320 RV4. It would not work due to interference from the conical mount. Casper sent me several different configurations in an effort to solve the inteference problem. None would clear the mount. Casper was very helpful and refunded my money when they were unable to find a workable solution. I believe your only solution is a Lycoming Filter mount. Cost of the Lycoming filter led me to abandon the effort. Good luck with your efforts.

Several years I bought a Casper oil filter adapter for my conical mount O-320 RV4. It would not work due to interference from the conical mount. Casper sent me several different configurations in an effort to solve the inteference problem. None would clear the mount. Casper was very helpful and refunded my money when they were unable to find a workable solution. I believe your only solution is a Lycoming Filter mount. Cost of the Lycoming filter led me to abandon the effort. Good luck with your efforts.

Thanks Dwight, I keep looking at it and I'm not encouraged by what I see. Its just overhauled and I wanted to go with a filter but not rebuild and plumb the engine accessories to do it. Maybe I should look into remote locations... George

oil filter adapters

The prices of the adapters have come down quite a bit for the straight Lycoming style. Used are running 100.00 and new around 160. If you want he angle adapters like from ECI they are close to 400 for the kit.

Jesse
970-874-7575

Oil Filter on RV4 Conical Mount

Casper labs couldn't get one to fit mine so like Dwight I went with a straight mount like this.
Using the small K&N filter leaves lots of working room in my RV4..
Thanks,Mike

where are you finding oil filter adapters for the 0-320 for $100-150? I would like to switch to an oil filter but everyone i see is a ridiculous 3-400 for a piece of metal.

ADAPTERS

I have several new and used. Call me tomorrow sometime and I'll hook you up!

Jesse
970-874-7575

Back