What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti splat aero

pastranafan5

What are your favorite products from this company and why? I'm going to buy some stuff and want to know what all I should get.

Well I have his prop wrench and the ultimate gust lock and I give them both a big thumbs up.

Edit: Forgot I have the oil filter wrench too!

Last edited:
I have most of them

I have installed many of the products from AntiSplat on my 9A. My favorite is the wheel mods where they press in sealed bearings. Next up would probably be the Almost-a-14 mod and the Air/Oil separator. Nose job is good too but hopefully I will never need to test it. I also installed the vacuum adapter for the air\oil adapter, the magnetic oil plug, Jack points, and the gust lock.

I have nothing but good things to say about the company and the support I got when I called them with questions/concerns.

Darin

Good products - good people

In order of purchase/install:

Nose job(peace of mind for A model)
Nose wheel bearings(helps eliminate shimmy)
air/oil separator with vacuum(clean belly and cures annoying tiny oil leaks)
gust lock(keeps getting better)
main wheel bearings(no more grease + shimmy elimination)

Good products and good people to deal with.

Prop Wrench
Oil filter wrench (wouldn't buy again - clamp style from Napa works just as well)
Gust Lock - GREAT product!

VS bracket mod

Recently installed VS bracket mod.

Anti%20Splat%20-%201.jpg

Anti%20Splat%20-%201%201.jpg

that's secure but I didn't see any cracks before. when I look at this area my heart says yes but my mind says why? I hate it when that happens.

Anti-spat products:
1. nose job
2. prop wrench
3. oil wrench
4. gust lock

Anti%20Splat%20-%201.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Nose job
Skid plate
Oil separator
Almost 14 - not yet installed but imminent
Good quality products all, plus you get a cap which makes you look like a farmer.

Nose Job 2
Lip Skid

Probably will do the gear bearings (all three) this year.

Considering the oil system mods.

And I must say, they are AWESOME when you call for help. I'm mechanically inept and I stripped out a couple bolts on the nose job. They shipped replacements the same day at no charge.

Nothing but praise for them from me.

Love the almost a 14 and nose job mods, and also make use of the prop wrench. I got the gust lock too but sold it in favor of exterior gust locks. I found it a little bit awkward and more importantly, you have to get into the plane to take it off and then get out again to do your pre-flight. That bugged me. Always great service from Alan.

Erich

I have
-Nose job
-Skid plate
-Nose wheel bearing mod
-Almost an RV 14 mod (best thing I ever did to my 6)
-Gust lock (really like it)
-Oil filter wrench
-Pulse oxymeter

I think that's it lol. Very happy with the company and the products.

Ten out ot 10 Rating

I've used the following products from Anti-splat:
Nose job
Main wheel bearings
Nose wheel bearings
Air/oil separator with vacuum
Gust lock
EZ Cool Cowl Flaps (2)

Every product has worked as advertized and the support has been very good.

Bob Cowan
RV-7A , Mattituck IO-360 M1B, Hartzel Blended CS Prop,

I had the oversize washers then decided to remove them. They require even longer bolts.

I recommend going back to the washers. Even though they do require longer bolts, the load is spread much more evenly.

I recommend going back to the washers. Even though they do require longer bolts, the load is spread much more evenly.

I will follow your recommendation Mel. Plus it's a good reason to fly to Canada. I know a place there with tons of free washers. :D

What are your favorite products from this company and why? I'm going to buy some stuff and want to know what all I should get.

Nose Gear brace
Gust lock

Would love to install the Almost 14 in my 7A, little scared of screwing up something important in the structure, canopy fit (slider).

Superior people
Superior products

Peter

Anti-Splat Aero - Excellent!

1. Nose job
2.Oil separator
3. Nose wheel bearing mod
4. Vertical stabilizer bracket
5. Almost-a- RV-14 mod (absolutely love my seating position now!)
6. Lip skid
7. Axle and nose fork nut wrench
8. Pulse oximeter (fun to play with)

As others have said, service from Anti-Splat is quick and friendly. They are always a pleasure to deal with.

1. Nose gear brace
2. Nose wheel bearing mod
3. Skid plate
4. Gust lock
5. Almost a 14 seat mod

The seat mod really made the plane roomier. A friend of mine sat in my plane and ordered one for his 9A, although after installation he found he needed a little thicker seat cushion for landings.

almost 14 for petersb

I think I did the first 14 seat mod to a tip up and I want to do another in either tip up or slider. After doing mine I think it would work well to put the brace in place before you remove the original seat back brace. This should eliminate any movement of parts that might result in any misalignment of the canopy.

I just picked up my latest antisplat order. Not only did I get it in three days but for some reason I got a discount. Way to go Alan!!!!!

Gerry: Are you and I the only guys who bought the Pulse oximeter? Dan from Reno

I bought one and was dissatisfied with its quality. Allan contacted me and offered to do whatever it would take - no arguments there, good service and I'd buy from him again. Instead, I gave it away and replaced it with one that I like from Amazon.

My gripe with it was that its readings didn't compare well to an expensive medical one I've also got. The new one does.

Dave

Last edited:
Love the almost a 14 and nose job mods, and also make use of the prop wrench. I got the gust lock too but sold it in favor of exterior gust locks. I found it a little bit awkward and more importantly, you have to get into the plane to take it off and then get out again to do your pre-flight. That bugged me. Always great service from Alan.

Erich

Bought the gust lock from Erich. :) I don't use it often (most of my flights are lunch hops on calm days) but it's great to have for those overnighters.

Gust lock

Bought the gust lock from Erich. :) I don't use it often (most of my flights are lunch hops on calm days) but it's great to have for those overnighters.

IMHO you don't need the gust lock for the wind as much as you need it to protect your control surfaces from the knucklehead airplane drivers who prop-blast you with their engines at 2000 rpm with no consideration as to who or what is behind them. I always use my gust lock.

~Marc

that's secure but I didn't see any cracks before. when I look at this area my heart says yes but my mind says why? I hate it when that happens.

Anti-spat products:
1. nose job
2. prop wrench
3. oil wrench
4. gust lock

Anti%20Splat%20-%201.jpg

[/QUOTE]

My heart won on this item. Don't ask me to justify it for a 9 because I can't. I never was at ease with the slotted hole attachment.

VS%20brace_zps5jll0yvh.jpg~original

Last edited:
Kudos to Anti Splat Aero! They expedited repair and return of the Nose Wheel Mod for my RV9A. What a difference this Modification makes. No more shimmy and vibration! Oh, and excellent customer service!

Just installed the Nose Job ...

I don't plan on a lot of grass strip landing ... but I'm going to feel a little better about them now. Nothing is a guarantee against a really bad landing though.
Had a little issue with the hardware that came with the brace.... but a quick note to Allen and new hardware was in the mail.

I don't plan on a lot of grass strip landing ... but I'm going to feel a little better about them now. Nothing is a guarantee against a really bad landing though.
Had a little issue with the hardware that came with the brace.... but a quick note to Allen and new hardware was in the mail.

I'm a fan of the nose job myself - I had a passenger trying to land my 9A on a paved runway and pranged it in hard enough to leave half the nose wheel pant on the runway behind us. The nose job left witness marks in the paint on the nose gear leg, no other damage besides fiberglass.

OIL COOLER SHUTTER, with a push pull Bowden cable to cockpit. Very nicely machined product!

I have:
Main wheel bearing conversion- love it no greasing wheel bearings
Nose wheel bearing conversion- same as above plus better axel stack up.
Nose job- might help- hope to never find out
Gust lock- use it every time I park out. Very light and compact and works well.
Air/oil separator for the crankcase vent.- this is my most recent purchase. I have tried other separators with poor results. Have the antisplat now for 10 hrs flying and the belly is completely dry. Yeah!

Back