What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baffles

RepmikeBrown

Well Known Member
I've got an older set of baffle plans (2) pages about 12 pieces.
These are for an 0-320. I've scanned and cut them on my CNC. I can't find much in the manual or in post on the actual placement and installation. I've seen a lot of pics on different engines in posts and noticed several parts I don't have in plans. Such as stiffeners etc. Does anyone have a set of good pics and install sequence for a 0-320 on a 4?
Greatly appreciate it.
Mike

Mike, the baffles are one of the harder parts of construction, next to the canopy . The baffles will be the first thing you see when the cowl is removed. A quality set of baffles will look good, and perform well. My O320 H2AD baffles had to be completely self designed as the kits are not compatable. I used the baseline plan for the side plates and the rest was completely mocked up and built from beer box cardboard for the initial fit. You must have your cowlings done before you can correctly build your baffles. Also, oil cooler location and such needs to be done at the same time. I can send you pictures of mine, and it may help. In order to get a good fit, and allow engine movement, it takes quit a bit of trial and error trim and fit of all the pieces.

Back