What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Friendly Vacation Rentals?

9GT

Well Known Member
Patron
Judging from the travel/trip posts on this forum it seems that there are a lot of us RV folks with second vacation homes. I am just wondering if there is a list of, or some sort of club/group that have vacation homes for rent that specifically cater to the needs of fly-in travelers. They don't have to be air-park homes, just vacation homes that are close to an airport with rental transportation nearby and amenities at the home that light weight small plane travelers would need. I Know there is a list of folks that offer rooms for fellow RV traveler's but I am looking for vacation destination rentals. A search here and also Google turned up only one an air-park on Google.

I haven't found any specific list, but most of the vacation properties I have looked at recently have the required amenities. For example, I recently book a trip for the family to the Destin Fl area. While we are not taking an RV their, the airport has retals cars, and is a short drive to the property. It would be easy to fly in to that area.

I would concentrate your search on airports with on-site or nearby car rental.

Rent mine!

Google "bungalow rangeley" and it is the first hit!

We are 1.5 miles from 8B0 and my agent will pick you up!

;). CJ

Callaway Gardens, Georgia

Golf, fishing, water skiing, hiking, skeet, swimming, historical tours, gardens, bicycles, horses, vegetable gardening, cabins, motels, rental homes, camping, etc.

Airport on the property.

My favorite spot since the '50s!

Rent mine!

Google "bungalow rangeley" and it is the first hit!

We are 1.5 miles from 8B0 and my agent will pick you up!

;). CJ

OK Captain John. I took a look and now I recognize it as the bungalow that Vlad has posted a couple trips to. It looks like fun and I may take you up on it one day but we also own property in Stockton Springs on Cape Jellison that we still hope to build on if the economy picks back up soon and i'll be able to fly the -10 into KBST. What I am thinking of is if there is a specific site for pilot specific vacations. It would be really neat to be able to find a vacation rental web site/list that caters to pilots. A lot of rentals do not provide linen's and that sort of stuff that takes up room and weight in a small plane. It would be nice to have a site where one could go to and find a rental geared to the private pilot with some of the amenities a pilot might require such as proximity to airport, transportation/fuel available, hangers, contact(s) information, ratings, etc. We don't rent our lake house in northern MI out, but would give serious consideration joining a list or club that is RV or pilot related if one existed. Most RV pilots are responsible people so we would be less concerned about renting to fellow RVer's.

South Carolina condo on the beach

Our vacation condo is on Harbor Island, SC between Charleston and Savannah. Lady's Island Airport is 15 minute away and has car rental company on site. The condo is in a gated community with a 3 mile beach on the Atlantic. The condo is oceanfront/beachfront. More information about the condo is here: http://www.vrbo.com/466076

Team FAS, I just flew over your place this weekend twice since you are right under V!. We fly to Charleston everyother month to see the new grandson. We have stayed on Folley beach a few times. How does Harbor Island compare?

Sunriver, Oregon option

We have a vacation home in Sunriver Oregon. Great fly in destination. Free shuttle to and from the house and lodge from the airport.
Airport is right in the resort. We have a hanger available for rent most of the time too.

http://www.vrbo.com/335742

Last edited:
Paullie, You can always eat for free at my place! Vlad is just a "Frequent Flyer"!

David, Come one up!

I think I will do a summer "Meet & Greet"! I will give a heads up when I do!

Smiling Jack, Let's do a Hilton Head to Rangeley trip! Talk about contrast!!!

:) CJ

Back