What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ground tabs and shunt/ANL

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I'm filling in the missing pieces between the firewall forward kit and the avionics packages.

Is there a preferred place to mount the ground tabs on the passenger side of the firewall; is there a preferred way to take the battery ground to it? The kit is designed to tie the battery ground to a nut plate location on the forward firewall; not sure the best way to tie the ground strip into that. Looks like I have to move it a bit....

Is there a preferred way to put the primary alternator shunt/ANL on the firewall?

Is the optional current sensor for the SB1B backup alternator useful?

any thoughts appreciated. I've looked at a lot of builder sites and lost in analysis....

I put my "forest of tabs" opposite the firewall from the battery. Still haven't figured out where to put the shunt or really how to wire up the alternator.

Also; with GEA24 can we have one current sensed with current sensor, and another one with a shunt? The book seems to be two shunts or two sensors but not a mix?

I bought two of these,

http://www.bandc.aero/groundblock24-tab.aspx

Reversed the bolt on one, and drilled a hole about 6 inches above the battery, put the tabs on the inside of the firewall, then connected the bolt on the engine side to the ground on the battery, also put another one on the engine side for the egnine side grounds.

My ANL is under my battery, along side the shunt, not saying I would do that again if I could, it got a bit tight, but that is where it is staying.

Back