What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grove airfoil gear - get on list now!!

sjhurlbut

Well Known Member
I'm on list at Grove for RV8 airfoil alum gear. Been in contact with Florence Baldino.

Email Grove and get on list asap!!!! Expecting few months but list needs to build.

The list

Talked with Grove two weeks ago about this when the original thread said that they were ceasing production of RV-8 gear. Indeed, they have ceased production of all RV-8 gear at this time and are deferring the decision to make more until January. They were quoted as saying that the -8 gear was quite time consuming to manufacture and they were going to reevaluate the decision of all RV-8 gear. They have no airfoil gear to sell and only a few standard gear left in stock.

If they do make more, the decision won't be made until the first of the year and then a considerable lead time on top of that for delivery! We are talking almost a year lead time for something that might not even happen!

Just a messenger here.....don't shoot me!

FWIW

The Grove air foil gear legs are a work of art with internal brake fluid passage and no need to cover with plastic leg covers. I like mine a lot.

The transition into lower fuselage is slightly thicker than standard Vans legs but no big deal to modify access plate to cover it.

I have a new set of Grove RV-8 airfoiled landing gear I would like to sell. The gear is still in unopened original packing crate. $2400.00 + shipping.

I have been on the Grove list since Oct, I imagine it is quite long now. It should be any day now that they fire up some new production :D

Back