What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's Yearly Price Increase?

Price increase re-confirmed !

To re-confirm I just received this reply today from Anne at Van's about the looming price increase.

"Yes, the increase is on Feb 1. WE will honor this years price if you order before then AND take delivery when the kit comes in. If you put off taking delivery it would go to the next price
Anne"

Anyone remember approx. how much it goes up each year? I cant seem to remember last year's figure...10%-ish?

Last November when I was shopping, Vans told me there was going to be an increase "after the first of the year", so I ordered it all at one time to beat the increase (and save $500 over shipping kits separately.)
I am anxious to know what my SN may be, maybe 500? Anybody want to wager on it?

I spoke with them at the end of last week and I was told 3% - 5% is what it generally goes up each year. Takes affect Feb. 1st as others have posted.

Anyone remember approx. how much it goes up each year? I cant seem to remember last year's figure...10%-ish?

Typically it is 3%. I love the planes, I love the man but his regular price increases tick me off. Especially in this economy. That being said, it is this economy that is making his business do so well. Sooner or later it is going to cost 50K for one of his airframe kits.

I think it's fair

Typically it is 3%. I love the planes, I love the man but his regular price increases tick me off. Especially in this economy. That being said, it is this economy that is making his business do so well. Sooner or later it is going to cost 50K for one of his airframe kits.

I'm in the car business, and I wish yearly price increases for vehicles was only 3%. What's more, I can't think of many businesses that have such a customer-friendly price increase policy. I won't enjoy having to pay more for that finishing kit if I can't scrape up the money in time, but at least I know the rules well in advance.

Just my 2 cents worth (2.06 cents next month);)

Roger Barnes
-9A QB, almost ready for finishing kit

And it will be a bargain and worth every penny;)

I'm in the car business, and I wish yearly price increases for vehicles was only 3%. What's more, I can't think of many businesses that have such a customer-friendly price increase policy. I won't enjoy having to pay more for that finishing kit if I can't scrape up the money in time, but at least I know the rules well in advance.

Just my 2 cents worth (2.06 cents next month);)

Roger Barnes
-9A QB, almost ready for finishing kit

I know, I know....I just have to whine a little.:eek:

I think that with the exchange rates in effect now, a decrease in the Rotax engine price is way overdue. Them motors cost far fewer dollars now than they used to, so will we see that passed on to us?

Back