What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stein Air Panels

ClarkieSr

To those of you that have not decided where you are getting your panel my I suggest contacting Stein for a quote. I just finished installing my panel in my -10 that I bought from Stein Air. In my opinion they are world class when it comes to service and quality of workmanship. Through out the whole install process they were available every step of the way. I did not have one bad interaction with any the the folks that work there. They usually answer on the first ring and if they need to call you back they never miss. I fired up the panel yesterday with my son and we had one small issue that we had to call them on. They diagnosed the problem quickly and told me to check a few wiring connections and sure enough I flip flopped to wires in one D- sub. I reversed the two wires and the entire Garmin G3X system functioned perfectly. Stein Air is by far the most service oriented business I I've dealt with in my 70 years. I highly recommend them.

Tom Clark
N646LC
Soon to be airborne

I just finished up the design phase with them, love working with Stein Air! (really, anybody that puts up with me).

A+++

Stein Air

Same is true just buying components - I've done all my panel work and bought the components from Stein - excellent prices, great support/advice - love dealing with Stein!

Reinhard Metz

Been there, done that and..... dare I say would do it again! (Stein and the gang may feel differently) :D

My panel was built by Stein nearly 10 years ago. I am the third owner.

When I have wanted to know something about the panel (where is this or what is that or how to change x or y), I just send them my N number and my question and they always get back to me, based on their thorough records of what they built for me.

They are highly efficient and I highly recommend.

Just started installing the one that I received from Stein. Very pleased. :)

FP22052017A0000V.jpg

Stein Air

To those of you that have not decided where you are getting your panel my I suggest contacting Stein for a quote. I just finished installing my panel in my -10 that I bought from Stein Air. In my opinion they are world class when it comes to service and quality of workmanship. Through out the whole install process they were available every step of the way. I did not have one bad interaction with any the the folks that work there. They usually answer on the first ring and if they need to call you back they never miss. I fired up the panel yesterday with my son and we had one small issue that we had to call them on. They diagnosed the problem quickly and told me to check a few wiring connections and sure enough I flip flopped to wires in one D- sub. I reversed the two wires and the entire Garmin G3X system functioned perfectly. Stein Air is by far the most service oriented business I I've dealt with in my 70 years. I highly recommend them.

Tom Clark
N646LC
Soon to be airborne

I concur. They are the best!

Cutting panel.

Will Stein just cut your panel so you can assemble yourself? Is there someone that will just do the cutouts given your list of components?

Will Stein just cut your panel so you can assemble yourself? Is there someone that will just do the cutouts given your list of components?

Yes. They cut the panel for my RV-8A including holes for the riveted bracket for my dual G3X displays. It was perfect.

I did my own install ( with the help of a very capable and gracious Randy Thorne). Stein seems just as happy to do the whole job as to provide just the parts. I don't want to definitively speak for them but they truly seem happy to do whatever matches your needs.

Panel Cutouts

Yes, call Up North Aviation. Give him what you have, where you want to install. He will sends you a picture of what it will look like. Rearrange if needed, and when you are happy, he will then CNC cut the new panel. Cost is less than $200.

http://www.upnorthaviation.com

Good luck.

Brian

Back