What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Installation

findane

I have my 9A wings temporarily installed with pins. Should I set the wing incident and drill the tank brackets now with the temporary pins or wait until the final wing bolts are installed and torqued. I've performed all the required measurements and aligning and it all checks out.

Might want to put a few bolts in to hold those wings in place with the proper angles. The pins by definition are not holding anything tight. Drilling that rear spar is a one shot deal. You have to ask yourself ?do you feel lucky??

I mounted my wings with two hardware store bolts in each side. With the bolts "pinning" the wings in place there is basically no appreciable movement, so go ahead and get your rear spars drilled, tank brackets fitted/drilled, wing gap seals trimmed/drilled, and flaps on and actuators fitted. As for setting the wing incidence, I did have to trim just a little bit of the gap seal on the rear spar to get the sweep correct.

Photos and write up are here.

Back