What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

working on grass strip

Ron B.

Well Known Member
For those of you with grass strips, what have you done to make your strip safe to use while you are working on it. My strip is 150' wide now and I plan to remove the sod , a 30' strip from the center and replace it with gravel. being 150' wide it still leaves me with 60' on each side that I can use safely while I'm working . I would like to close it to others and just us it myself or just friends that are well aware of what I'm doing. I'm not talking about aircraft landing while construction equipment is working but using the runway on weekends while some grass sod is removed and the gravel has not been applied you.
How would you address this to keep my strip open yet safe for operation.
With the epidemic ongoing , I am sure Transport Canada won't be available to advise on such un-important matters at this time.

Ron, my runway is 60 feet wide and that is more then enough. Why not put a big X on each end of the runway. You should be able to find some white poly somewhere.

I was led to believe that if you put an X , even the owner cannot use the runway. I suppose I could remove the X's when I want to use the runway and have someone put them back up after I leave.

Back