What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DPE that will do check ride in experimental

brian257

Well Known Member
I am planning on working on instrument training in my plane, but having a hard time finding a local DPE that is willing to do the checkride in an experimental. I would rather not do most of the training in my plane and then go and rent a 172 for several hours to get checkride ready and have to learn all different equipment. Can anyone recommend an experimental tailwheel friendly DPE that is within a few hundred miles of the Jacksonville, FL area and is not 6' tall or 250 pounds?

I'm working on my commercial and have already talked with Catherine Cavagnaro about using my RV-6A. She's based out of Sewanee, TN (KUOS). I expect you'll be able to find one closer, but you might give her a call if you're coming up empty.

Dave Goss based in Midland TX will do it - he gave me my IFR checkride in my 9A, and I believe he travels if required.

I am planning on working on instrument training in my plane, but having a hard time finding a local DPE that is willing to do the checkride in an experimental. I would rather not do most of the training in my plane and then go and rent a 172 for several hours to get checkride ready and have to learn all different equipment. Can anyone recommend an experimental tailwheel friendly DPE that is within a few hundred miles of the Jacksonville, FL area and is not 6' tall or 250 pounds?

Kyle Pack at ORL. He owns an RV-6.

Back