What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slick mag question

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
Hello, I am trying to install a UMA tach with a Hall effect sensor. I am having a time getting the plug unscrewed from the mag. Is there a special wrench to fit this? It seems to be a 23/32 or maybe 18.5 mm. If I do not get any other ideas by tomorrow I am going to grind out an 11/16 to fit it or something like that.
Thanks for any input!

Slick Plug

On a Slick 4370 the plug is size is 11/16. I?ve never had much trouble removing them with a open end wrench. Use a good quality wrench or 6 point socket if you have access.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

I used a good quality crescent wrench and was able to get it the fit real tight. Mine was a little tough to break free. But once I got it started, it came right off.

I got it done today and I like to post a follow up in case somebody is searching for this in the future. The plug on mine was an 11/16 aluminum. In order to get the wrench to it I had to cut about half the length off of it. I had to use an open end wrench. The tach sensor was a 3/4, I also had to shorten a wrench to get to it.

Back