What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Metal work classes

Sorry you can't make the EAA class ... it was my first intro to aircraft sheet metal work, and was a very good investment!

Mentor

Mark
While your waiting for a class, join the local EAA Chapter and find a mentor. You will learn lots from one on one time.

Mark
While your waiting for a class, join the local EAA Chapter and find a mentor. You will learn lots from one on one time.

I'm already doing that :D

Found a nice gentleman who is working on his RV-10, and it only took 5 minutes after I sat down at the meeting. He already has me convinced that I don't need to go QB. :)

You're close enough to Lakeland to commute to Sun'n Fun in April. While you may not find classes it will whet your desire to build a plane of your own.

I've got that Friday off (the 8th). Is there a set schedule for the workshops or do I just show up?

You have to register and pay for it. There should be a number and a web site listed for the class.

From the linked Sun'n Fun page in the previous post:

"For the Convention Attendee who wishes to gain experience and
knowledge, these Workshops are a bonus not only to the FAALicensed, A&P and IA Technician but to the Amateur Aircraft Builder alike. Pay the entrance fee at the gate and the rest is free. The cost of these Workshops if paid for individually would cost thousands of dollars, but SUN ?n FUN provides all this for just the cost of admission."

Back