What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pressure Position on an IO320

RV fan

Hello Vans Team,

during my first's Engine Start (no it runs perfectly with my new FI :)) I have the Problem with the Fuel Presser Gauges.. (Analog and on the Dynon too)

Engine runs, but a had zero Pressure on booth Gauges.. I had the Sensor connected on the FI "Distributor "Box" above on the Engine ( on Gauge market hole..) is that the right Position?? or is there another Pressure Number as in the Hose to the Injector from den Electric Pump ..

Many Thanks for your Help

Manfred

Hello Vans Team,

during my first's Engine Start (no it runs perfectly with my new FI :)) I have the Problem with the Fuel Presser Gauges.. (Analog and on the Dynon too)

Engine runs, but a had zero Pressure on booth Gauges.. I had the Sensor connected on the FI "Distributor "Box" above on the Engine ( on Gauge market hole..) is that the right Position?? or is there another Pressure Number as in the Hose to the Injector from den Electric Pump ..

Many Thanks for your Help

Manfred

The gauge position on the flow divider is only for use with an analog fuel flow gauge.

The fuel pressure should be measured at the inlet to the fuel servo, or outlet from the engine driven fuel pump (most common). This is detailed in the documentation available for the firewall forward kits. There is a fuel pump fitting available from Van's that has an 1/8" NPT port on it for attaching a hose that can then be connected to the fuel pressure sensor.

Thank you for Feedback.. i can understand... i will change this an see whats going on... normaly it sounds easy. i will disconect the hose Line from teh Fuel Divider and close it, and connect the line with a T Fitting in the Line after Fuel Flow Sender (Dynon) what is going to the Fuel Injector..

What is the normal Fuel Pressure on an Injector Engine? Engine Driven Pump and when Electric Pump added??

Many Thanks Manfred

IO 320 Fuel Pressure

The engine driven fuel pump on my IO-320 runs at 27 psi; the electric boost pump runs at 31 psi.

The engine driven fuel pump on my IO-320 runs at 27 psi; the electric boost pump runs at 31 psi.

thanks for this Info.. this is in this range what other Builders had me given too.

on witch "Position"(Hose-Area) is your Fuel Pressure Sender??

Manfred

Location of fuel pressure sender

The fuel pressure sender is mounted in the aluminum block manifold supplied in the Van's kit and attached to the firewall above the pump. It is connected with flexible, braided stainless steel covered, and fire sleeved fuel line to allow for vibration between the engine and the firewall.

Hi Manfred,

Here's a couple of pictures of the stock Van's setup. Fuel pressure transducer is the lower one on the manifold.

Thank you Doug for Information..
I see you go from the Mechanical Pump to the Manifold Block-Pressure Sensors.... that is what I am not nearly had understand..

Thanks
Manfred

Back