What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sage advice

Veetail88

Well Known Member
Dear Abbey,

Sage advice says you should never love something that cannot love you back. I'm having a bit of a problem with this.

I know she would kill me in an instant with no remorse but I just can't seem to help myself. I keep going back, again and again. I can't even afford her, spending every bit of money I can on her and some I don't even have yet, she threatens my very economical existence. My wife knows about her, and while she feigns indifference to her, I know she would rather I just gave her up. There's no way I'll do that though, I daydream about her most of my waking hours. Planning the next visit almost as soon as the current one is over. We have an extraordinary relationship, but I think a big part of it is what we do together. We get high all the time, but even when we come back down I love to just "be" with her, often just sitting back with a cold beer and staring at her.

The last time I left her was difficult, just sitting in the car, staring through the door at her........

Am I normal?

Signed,

Love at first flight....

1056yi1.jpg

Yep... my wife and I both cried openly when a wayward Cherokee:)mad:) ran through my parked 170 last summer. Recovery is ongoing, and we both still get a little misty at every progress report. It may or may not be healthy, but that's the way it is...

either you left the lights on or she's winking at you.... and no, you are not normal but rather just like the rest of us.

Jesse,

You too have the sickness. So many are afflicted. It's definitely a chronic condition and can only be treated by regular visits and intensive and repeated therapy sessions.

Altitude, speed and attitude all help but only for a while, then its back to the yearning the longing that only seems to get worse the longer you stay away.

At least you recognize there's an issue. Many are in denial.

Maybe there's a support group.

Yes,,,

I under stand. ;-).
My C180 on wheels takes us to so many places our RV can't begin to do. I look at it all the time, every morning when we camp in Back Country strips I wake up and thank my lucky stars that I can have a C180 to do the really fun times back in nature, and a RV8 for those long cross country's when we need speed and economy

Charlie,
There is a support group. Next meeting of the group is Monday July 20th on a Waukau avenue at KOSH starting about 5pm. See you there....

Love it

Thanks for the chuckle hope you dont mind me borrowing that for a facebook post ...a little editing needed because she and I have not done it yet. Getting high I mean.

Back