What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Line Question

rvanstory

Well Known Member
Installing the engine on my RV-10. Installing the IO-540 from Aerosport Engines with a Precision Airmotive Fuel Servo. I need the fuel hose that goes from the Fuel Servo output up to the Fuel Injector "spider", but can't find it anywhere. I have the VA-138, VA-189 & VA-102 hoses, but not a 4th hose.

Didn't come with the engine. Isn't in my FWF kit from Van's, or listed on the packing list. Wasn't in the TS Flightlines kit I ordered earlier. Even looking at the FWF construction docs from Van's on page FF4-3 that shows fuel line installations and it's not even listed or drawn. (It appears the drawing is for a carbureted engine). It measures to be about 28" to go from point to point.

Anyone run into this with their 10? Is this something that has to be ordered or made separately?

Any insight is helpful. Thx.

Randy--Should have come on the engine from Aerosport. WE normally dont include it in our FWF packages because it normally supplied by the engine builder.
Lycoming routes theirs around the back---so 27-34 inches is what they say. We see them routed through the inner baffle like the IO360s and they are +-17-19 inches.

Tom

You will actually need two lines. The fuel flow cube is inserted in the line that runs from the servo to the spider.
I found this old photo, not to clear, prior to final installation. I used isolator mounts. 1100 hours and still working.

wKfD03AlIzP9waZRzAc4Q6GGa5NQslZWjpdwp_fxCYoOv-MCSk00z-DJyBaR-jAwO_xGktWlkpFJc0PxkKlfcEFXlC6_O_NZkbYiUEdkNM_Y3_YgR1kuW7l_i5jbqG_bTwV9Pr0n8GTl4BIOE7Qo52FGy3UO96NRsylcj3kG02PqblXmpjd8WoTX6btD2pEpqFmkwzGA2RqYbOhKRpJriNnAaSmyPgb2-1k6J_ZjFll27XUbuP9gi18wroRVDg5Iwf2_jyuFankHvUScoNPpiaAm5kzsIrbY_ANJQmP6DSz1jnO2WyiFgmZB_e3-AGhxAvNypABWkRuHh_TpXzweD9OaQHJm8I75pFWJqmtRuY9Io_r3Ozd5tUamForiuBRksWfCrhdRW3eTDGtsK31DZiEiAcoZXL-5vNEs1pZcXYOEVv06j7cv2_XJ2EUp8wjLue6QfEmqkVouqVqLKAt4IvmfyAUbNn2xGPEzgPx5wTvzw1pxTYOO9E-odKOhmL7ripWfGz5wqSedEgu21hpWqgEJMKM_QoeMiJrsOcbm6bPLW3_lljt4cV6AJq9hL_6t7AAblXB1Hf3DlnXvkno3ljmzpVnWGamtMXf7arQv4JJSo87zrvrADGo-T9ZHVLuBS0s6sadTEdoP5oMId1LCDbs4VTCnjd54z1MsiQiKB9gRVzKQhvkX4A=w1250-h937-no

Last edited:
Circling back to close the loop on this question for others who may experience the same question in the future.

This line is often supplied by engine manufacturer, not Van?s or FWF hose kits. Aerosport Engines does not supply since most builders do different things regarding the location of the fuel flow transducer.

After seeing Bill Peytons post and having a very informative conversation with Tom at TS Flightlines, I decided to mount my transducer forward of the firewall, just before fuel distribution spider, not in the tunnel (as per plans).

So, for future builders, if you order engine from Lycoming, this line will come with engine. But, even then, if you decide to locate transducer just before fuel distribution spider you will to have hose remade to accommodate this connection.

Special shout out to Tom at TS Flightlines! His customer service is exceptional!!!

Randy,

My new Titan engine included that hose so it seems that you should have gotten it with the engine. Having said that if you are installing the red cube and depending on where in your fuel system you install it, it may not matter. I have a complete set of hoses but I?ll need to replace one with two shorter hoses and the red cube.

You will actually need two lines. The fuel flow cube is inserted in the line that runs from the servo to the spider.
I found this old photo, not to clear, prior to final installation. I used isolator mounts. 1100 hours and still working.

Bill, picture is not showing up. Any chance you could repost? I?d really like to see how yours is set up.

Back