What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh 2014 RV-10 builders pot luck

awmuhs

Well Known Member
Is anyone organizing a get together this year? Wednesday again?

I missed last years and was really hoping to attend this year.

Thanks to the organizer in advance.

Is anyone organizing a get together this year? Wednesday again?

I missed last years and was really hoping to attend this year.

Thanks to the organizer in advance.

It's tentatively planned for Sunday evening. Look for an announcement the first of next week.

I have noticed that a number of the planned pow wows are held before the official opening of EA's Airventure?
I guess the best parties are before and after the main event.
I'll be arriving midweek.

I have noticed that a number of the planned pow wows are held before the official opening of EA's Airventure?
I guess the best parties are before and after the main event.
I'll be arriving midweek.

The problem is that the following events are already scheduled:

Monday - VAF Beer Fairy Social
Tuesday - Van's
Wednesday - Young Eagles, Jay's N40, Rivetbanger's Black Otter, Lightspeed
Thursday - EAA Homebuilders

The majority seem to arrive Sat/Sun and depart on Wed/Thurs.

It doesn't give you many options if you don't want to conflict with a larger group's event.

I wasn't able to attend last year, but the RV-10 Potluck has been on Sunday evening many years. On some years, it was even held on multiple nights.

Bob, Gary, and Tim have been setting up the RV-10 areas the Monday before the official start for years. I personally enjoy the time before the official start of Airventure. It gives you time to decompress a bit, reacquaint with old friends, and talk RV-10 before the craziness begins on Monday.

Is there an area where the ten guys park or get together? I'm coming in on Wednesday and was hoping to meet some of you and check out the planes. I'm there until Sunday morning.

Is there an area where the ten guys park or get together? I'm coming in on Wednesday and was hoping to meet some of you and check out the planes. I'm there until Sunday morning.

Sort of, but by Wednesday, anything is fair game.

Usually, the north side of the taxi way ( the old red parking lot) is where they start parking the RV-10s in HBP. They do their best to keep all the RV-10s together. Some years the other HBP areas fill up, in which the RV-10 area is used as over flow parking.

On the south side f the taxiway is HBC. Since it's the camping area for all, parking is on a first come basis. So there are many RV-10s (mine will be in HBC) mixed in with all the other experimentals,

So most of the RV-10s are parked fairly close together.

The disadvantage you are going to have, is that many RVers come in the weekend before and leave on Wednesday or Thursday. For example, I'm leaving on Thursday morning.

The best place to find RV-10 builders will be around their planes or campsite. If you are interested in talking with a specific builder, it's best to coordinate a meeting time via email in advance. Many of us will be at the potluck on Sunday or the Van's dinner on Tuesday, but that doesn't help you with a Wednesday arrival.

Many vendors fly RV-10s, so finding them at their booth is a little easier. Advanced Flight Systems, Aerosport Products, TCWtech, and Trutrak usually fly ther RV-10s. Aerosport Products doesn't have a booth, but you probably can catch Geoff or Zac near their RV-10.

Back