What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Archer Nav antenna

Coling955

I'm planning on fitting an Archer nav antenna to my 7. Which model is the best one and is there a preferred tip to fit it into i.e. left or right. While on the subject, has anyone hooked up a VAL Nav2000 unit to a Dynon FlightDek 180? Thanks in anticipation.

Not done a 7 but a 7A.
Laid it flat into the wing tip and make sure it is connected metal to metal to the wing and glued it to the wing tip. I used the right wing but I doubt it matters. It worked great.
Dave

Thanks Dave. Can you remember which one you used? There are several models but the Model 1 seems to be the one (on Aircraft Spruce's site) that is best suited to RVs.

Yes it looks like you want the Model 1. The model numbers didn't exist when I got mine. I placed it in the left wing though, so when I fly a perfect ILS I will be 10' right of center line instead of 10' left...though I doubt I will ever shoot an ILS for anything other than practice anymore with a GTN650 on board :)

Back