What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help - Forward Deck Misalignment?

kblack

I am trial fitting the forward deck on my RV-7 QB Slider. The F-7108A Fwd Fuselage Rib (see iso-dwg below) is almost a full inch to the right at the aft end when the forward end is clecoed to the top skin. Basically, the notch/slot in the F-7105A Center Sub-Panel is off the right by about 0.65 inches.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Photo is from the cockpit looking forward and up at the Center rib. I'm holding the rib snug against the Sub-Panel. Rivet holes in skin are way off to the left.

8x7gyh.jpg
[/IMG]

213oy1y.jpg
[/IMG]

Everything else seems to align (including the stock Instrument Panel from Van's), so I'm pretty sure I need to extend the notches on the Center Sub-Panel to the left in order to make everything fit. But really? Off by an inch? Seems like a LOT, and I can't figure out what could cause that much error with everything else aligning. Can the Center Sub-Panel notch really be off by about ⅝ of an inch?

Sorry, but mine is a tip-up. You probably already tried this but is that skin right side up? Is is pre-curved for the fit?

Doh!

Upside down it was. Thanks for the quick replies. There's even a slot for the windshield frame that was telling me "upside down." But I just wasn't listening.

Back