What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Check my data tag

Deuelly

Just made a sample tag this morning. Before I do the final rendition is there anything I need or don't need? Is there something you would add I don't have?

Thanks, Brandon

20170523_100141_zps6gaojq23.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Brandon that looks nice. The only info required is manufacturer, model and serial number, everything else is nice but not necessary. I decided to just go with the basics.

Dan

I can't tell from the picture, but the requirement is for a fire-proof plate. That would normally mean stainless steel with etched, engraved or stamped lettering.

Aluminium doesn't qualify as fireproof.

AC45-2D gives a guide to what should be shown:

(1) The builder’s name, which may be the name of an individual, firm, co-partnership,
corporation, company, association, or joint-stock association.
(2) Model designation.
(3) Builder’s serial number.
(4) TC number, if any.
(5) Production certificate (PC) number, if any.
(6) For aircraft engines, the established rating.
(7) For aircraft engines, the date of manufacture, that is, month (two digits)/
year (four digits).
(8) For aircraft engines, the engine’s approved 14 CFR part 34 designation. (Part 34
discusses fuel venting and exhaust emission requirements for turbine engine-powered airplanes.)
Approved designations include comply, exempt, and non-U.S. for engines specified in part 34,
manufactured on or after January 1, 1984.

I can't tell from the picture, but the requirement is for a fire-proof plate. That would normally mean stainless steel with etched, engraved or stamped lettering.

Aluminium doesn't qualify as fireproof.

AC45-2D gives a guide to what should be shown:

(1) The builder’s name, which may be the name of an individual, firm, co-partnership,
corporation, company, association, or joint-stock association.
(2) Model designation.
(3) Builder’s serial number.
(4) TC number, if any.
(5) Production certificate (PC) number, if any.
(6) For aircraft engines, the established rating.
(7) For aircraft engines, the date of manufacture, that is, month (two digits)/
year (four digits).
(8) For aircraft engines, the engine’s approved 14 CFR part 34 designation. (Part 34
discusses fuel venting and exhaust emission requirements for turbine engine-powered airplanes.)
Approved designations include comply, exempt, and non-U.S. for engines specified in part 34,
manufactured on or after January 1, 1984.

Remember that AC's are not regulatory. While you can put anything that you WANT on the data plate, FAR 45.13 requires (for E-AB aircraft) only:

Builder
Model No.
Serial No.

Did not build, but I think the data plate should not contain things that may change: Registration, Gross Weight, Engine, H.P. might not be the same for the life of the aircraft.

Did not build, but I think the data plate should not contain things that may change: Registration, Gross Weight, Engine, H.P. might not be the same for the life of the aircraft.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Thanks guys. I'll make some changes to keep it a little more basic. I plan on doing the final rendition out of stainless.

I also leave it basic. Gross weight and registration numbers can be changed. So can engine and HP. Mfg date is hard to change. :)

Back