What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any recommendations for flight training loans to build multi engine time?

Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
Selling my kits, and liquidating other 'stuff' to generate $$ for time building. But it won't be enough.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gregg

Are you a Veteran? If you are and haven't used your GI bill eligibility then the post 9/11 GI Bill can be used for a commercial/multi-engine rating. I'm going to use mine to get my commercial/instrument. All I really want is the IR but all add-ons, like an IR or ME, have to be tied to either a CFI, commercial, or ATP rating.

Last edited:
I'm sure you already know this. The traditional route is to go to work for an FBO as a cfi, and work your way up to multi training. Locally (Napa, CA. KAPC) Japan airlines does ab initio training. You might ask if they have any cfi openings.

That's why I never got my MEI. Couldn't afford to rent the Seminole for 15 hours!

You might want to check out Utah Valley University. They offer online degrees and you can do your flight training with a local flight school. Enrolling in a degree program allows you to get student loan access for flight training. If you already have your multi or commercial, I'm not sure if they would be able to accept you into the flight program, but it would be worth checking out. Good luck!

gregg,

How much ME time do you need? Do you already have your multi?
PM me if you want more info.

George

Back