What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two questions

dsm8

Well Known Member
Patron
Good Evening:

1. I am a bit of an electric dunce so bear with me. Is there anyway to test the wiring of the landing, position and strobe lights before buttoning everything up.

2. I have a few mis-drilled holes and would like to fill them. Reading the forums it is clear that bondo is to be avoided so does anyone have a any suggestions. I have a West marine store very close by, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Donnie Mac

2. Are they rivet sized holes? If so, pop a rivet in them. If there is a way to dimple it and put a flush river in the hole that is best, then maybe a bit of filler to conceal it.

Hole

I did one of these on the empennage and called the factory. They said to fill with JB Weld and build on! Good luck with the repair.

I tested mine with a couple alligator clips and the spare 12v battery from my cordless drill. Everything worked just fine.

Wiring....

I hwave wired all my landing lights, nav, strobes, and taxi lights to the centrally located terminal strip under the seats. All these I tested with the switches and a multimeter for continuity. All checked fine so once wires come in from the attached wings I will test the actual appliance out there.... should work. ;););)

Back