What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mechanic for RV-8 (Tucson area)

I am in the process of buying an RV-8 and wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation on a mechanic we could work with for conditionals and service bulletins. We are based in the Tucson area.

Thanks!

?Keith

I am in the process of buying an RV-8 and wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation on a mechanic we could work with for conditionals and service bulletins. We are based in the Tucson area.

Thanks!

?Keith

What airport are you based at Keith? There are a few A&P's at Ryan. Marana you probably have to work with the FBO.

Hi Jim--

We are based out of La Cholla Airpark. Both Ryan and Marana would be good options. I'll check with the FBO at Marana. If there is anyone in particular you know/recommend at Ryan I'll also give them a call.

Thanks,
Keith

RV8 pre buy

I was interested in an RV8 in Tucson and was referred to Mike Jankowski.
He did a good job and was not expensive.
This was several years ago, and I don't know if the email address is current.

[email protected]

Why not use Alberto Marin who comes to La Cholla quite regularly and will do annuals on certified and Experimental planes?

He has done many annuals on my Tiger and CI's on a local RV-6A and a RV-9A and has a really good eye for catching hard to spot items.

PM for his phone number, but I think your dad's partnership used him on their Aircam.

Back