What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Identify pistons?

punkin

Well Known Member
Hey guys, engine shop is coming for my engine on Monday, and I?m sure they can answer, but...it?s Saturday.

The pistons removed from my o-320 are marked inside ?superior? and the on one inside skirt 130700 and other side 1275. There are a few other markings, 07 and then some that I didn?t put on glasses for.

None of these numbers correspond with any current or former Superior piston numbers I can come up with. A google shows me one on sale on eBay, but it doesn?t look like the seller knows what they are, and one refer nice to here from an io-360.

Since I started this process in hopes of swapping pistons for higher compression, now I?m curious if I did in fact have the 7:1 pistons I was told, or if they were actually the 8.5:1 160hp pistons...

Thanks if you can help!

For what?

It seems like it should be, It doesn't show in any search on their website or google with any reference other than a couple being sold on eBay. Seems odd. Do you know if that part number reflects a 7:1 or 8.5:1 c/r ?

For anyone else confused in the future...

Here's the response from Superior, which I got after I had been educated by the engine shop...

130700 is NOT a Superior part number, as I was beginning to suspect...

"The normal piston for the O-320 E2A is a SL75413A Low Compression, this piston has an overall height of 3.166 inches. The numbers on the bottom of the piston are casting numbers and manufacturing numbers and letters. The actual part number is stamped on the top of the piston."

Back