Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-31-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalinHdz View Post

The two statements are independent of each other. Last try at this; "We have not added any requirements to any pilots that were not already there with the 3rd class medical."

If you have the requirement to get a 3rd class every year it on your policy, then you have to get a physical every year if you decide to use BasicMed. If you don't have the requirement to get a 3rd class every year it on your policy, then you don't have to get one with BasicMed.

Ah, I see...yes, you're correct...I was parsing it the other way, obviously. My apologies.

Doesn't make much difference to me, though, as I doubt I'll ever use Avemco because of their ridiculously high prices LOL!

Thanks, Galin...
Old 03-31-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7A Flyer View Post
Doesn't make much difference to me, though, as I doubt I'll ever use Avemco because of their ridiculously high prices LOL!
Oh yes, they do tend to be expensive.
www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com
Old 03-31-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv7charlie View Post
Regular MD's do physicals for commercial drivers (transport, bus, etc) all the time without entering panic mode.
Exactly. I get a DOT physical every other year, as it's required to drive a motor vehicle rated over 10,000 GVWR (or truck/trailer over 10,000 GCWR) for any commercial purpose.

Drive down the highway and count the trucks. Next count the billboards offering to sue trucking companies. Now estimate how many complete idiots are weaving in and out between the trucks.

Way more risk than doing flight physicals.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv7charlie View Post
Regular MD's do physicals for commercial drivers (transport, bus, etc) all the time without entering panic mode.
That is what I would have thought also, as others here do. But below is an interesting tidbit from "scsmith" from earlier in this thread (Post #8). Maybe the AME was using a scare tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsmith View Post
The AME said that he had heard that Kaiser and Providence had already instructed their DR's not to participate in BasicMed. The AME felt that many malpractice insurance underwriters may do the same thing.
(Pic 1),(Pic 2)
- Out with the Old, In with the New
(Pic)
RV-8, 1938 Tach Hours (Pic 1),(Pic 2) - Sold

Glasflügel H-201B Standard Libelle, N564NS - Sold
Rolladen-Schneider LS1-f, N61MP - No longer owned
Old 04-03-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsmith View Post
The AME said that he had heard that Kaiser and Providence had already instructed their DR's not to participate in BasicMed. The AME felt that many malpractice insurance underwriters may do the same thing. In such a case, the whole plan is going to collapse.

Hope not.
I'd have to see it to believe it. Until then, it's just baseless rumor. I've never dealt with Kaiser or Providence (thankfully), but I've never heard of a network "instructing its doctors" to do or not to do anything at all. In fact, most employment contracts specifically prohibit the network from saying such a thing.

But I'm in the midwest. Perhaps things are different out there.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:02 AM

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv9av8tr View Post
I dropped Avemco years ago when their premiums became so high it was robbery. Falcon has been extraordinarily good and I haven't found anyone with lower premiums.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:45 AM

I went through Falcon for years. Dropped them this year in favor of Gallagher because they had (1) a lower rate; (2) better coverage (passenger med limit of $200K instead of $100k. Falcon asked why I was dropping them and I told them then specifics. They didn't respond further after that, which I took to mean that they couldn't equal the deal I got.

I asked Gallagher for smooth coverage (no limit on medical up to full $1M coverage) but they wouldn't do that for my particular situation. Depending on your circumstances, it might be available to you, although I don't know the cost for that.

erich
Old 04-04-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich weaver View Post
I went through Falcon for years. Dropped them this year in favor of Gallagher because they had (1) a lower rate; (2) better coverage (passenger med limit of $200K instead of $100k. Falcon asked why I was dropping them and I told them then specifics. They didn't respond further after that, which I took to mean that they couldn't equal the deal I got.

I asked Gallagher for smooth coverage (no limit on medical up to full $1M coverage) but they wouldn't do that for my particular situation. Depending on your circumstances, it might be available to you, although I don't know the cost for that.

erich
I was able to go from $100K per passenger liability to $1M CSL for about $400 more. A good deal IMHO. (RV10).
Remember that you are talking about agents, not insurance companies, here. You are buying their service to shop for you, and to help you understand what you are buying. For the record, I use Gallagher and am happy with their service.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moll780 View Post
+1
Last time I got a quote from them, about 4-5 years ago, they were 130% higher than the best quote, and with $1K deductibles while everyone else was 0.

Never bothered with them again.