What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pilot for Dow Chemical

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
This job posting came to me email at work (not sure why since I am in R&D), so I looked it up in the corporate website.

Anyone interested or know anyone interested.

http://www.dow.com/Careers/Job-Finder/Job-Details?id=228

The planes are sweet. I have been in one of them and got to sit in the jump seat behind the co-pilot on a night landing into KMBS.

The person would be flying around the top brass of the company.

Also, There are quite a few airports near KMBS to put an RV and you can hangar at KMBS.

Cheers
ken

As a graduate of Dow High School, I would apply, if I were 20 or 30 years younger.

There is a good EAA chapter there in Midland at the former 3BS, now IKW.

Dow has a good reputation of taking care of their aviation program, which they have had for a LONG time.

Merge and split

Dow recently merged with DuPont. Immediately the new company split into three companies. The two companies had three areas of business in common so two companies became three. Very unusual.

As this happened, Dow sold two Gulstream 450's, beautiful jets. I was afraid the flight department disappeared. Guess they survived in at least some form. Hope it works out well for all.

N733JJ--

well dow has not merged with DuPont but they are trying their best to do so. Last year Dow bought out the 50 % Corning portion of Dow Corning, so now they own it all. Not sure when/if the DuPont deal will go through. It all stems on what Europe says about antitrust issues. The whole goal of the merger is to split off the Ag portion. Dow will stay dow, then all the stuff dow wants to unload will go into the third company.

Maybe they did sell a couple go gulf streams, but Liveris (CEO) bought a brand new jet last year. The Falcon 2000, plus they have all the jest from Corning.

Back