What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New T-handle push-pull failure

Draker

Well Known Member
A while ago, I bought one of those push-pull handles that are T shaped with the push-button lock in the middle. Finally got around to starting to install it and I noticed that the locking function does not work. Moreover, the button (with a rod attached to it) is free and simply falls out of the unit! Before I go through the hassle of returning it, does anyone know if this is a common failure that I can fix myself?

Ryan,

I thought I read somewhere if you pull the handle out too far there is a ball bearing that can fall out. I?m not sure where I saw this but it would be pretty easy to do if you are not aware of the potential problem. Maybe do a search to qualitfy my memory.

Ryan,

I thought I read somewhere if you pull the handle out too far there is a ball bearing that can fall out. I?m not sure where I saw this but it would be pretty easy to do if you are not aware of the potential problem. Maybe do a search to qualitfy my memory.

This is correct.

Did you possibly pull it out quite aways (beyond 2.5 inches or so) at some point?

BINGO that was it. Looked around on the shop floor near the last place I was playing with the handle and lo and behold there was a little ball bearing sitting in a corner! Thank you, gentlemen.

Back