- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-13-2018, 08:08 AM

Default Tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saville View Post
Maybe someday someone will design a circuit that is imbedded into the tubes which measures the pressure and transmits it out.

Should be possible now.
I would switch to tubeless tires if I could get a system like my F-150 has..
D100-KMD150-660-TT ADI2- AS air/oil seperator. Vetterman exhaust with turndown tips.
Louisa, Virginia KLKU N94TB
Old 01-21-2018, 04:26 AM

Go no/go valve stem gauge? $5? Yeah....wheelpants. But hey, plexiglass wheel pants would fix that!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MWGear-GL...4-Bar-4-Pieces
N251Y (res)
Dec2017
Old 01-21-2018, 10:17 AM

Default speaking of tubeless...

I recently restored a prehistoric Kolb Twinstar Mk I. The project came with a new set of spun aluminum one piece 6x6 wheels & brakes; the rims are shaped much like car wheels with smaller diameter center area to allow mounting the tire the same way a car tire is mounted. A friend scrounged a discarded pair of 6x6 Airhawks off a Citabria for me. (More or less 'tundra' on the Twinstar...) I mounted them without the tubes, aired them up, and there's no sign of them losing air over the last 6 months.

The mating surfaces of Cleveland wheels are pretty smooth/consistent; I wonder what would happen if they were assembled with a little gasket sealant...

Charlie
Old 02-19-2018, 12:54 PM

Default tubeless wheels

Both Grove, http://groveaircraft.com/65-10.html, and Beringer, http://www.beringer-aero.com/en/prod...-brakes-14.htm, produce tubeless wheels. Many of the aircraft tires are rated for tubeless applications.
The valve stems of these tubeless wheels are metal. hope this helps. Russ
Wasilla, Alaska