What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What am I missing

Harvey rv12

Well Known Member
2nrdiec.jpg
[/IMG]

Can someone help with the statement in the above photo:?
"Make sure the stabilator contacts its up & down stops before the WD-1210 control column contacts its up & down stops."

Are there stops for the stabilator back in the tailcone to limit the up & down travel of the stabilator ?.

Also, I am unable to find a current Maint manual for the RV-12 on Vans website. Is it not available ?, I have the one that came with the airplane, but would like a more current one if it is out there.

TY

Yes, there are travel stops at the stabilator, and stick travel stops at the stick.
The stabilitor is supposed to hit its travel stop before the stick hits it own travel stop, at both the full up and full down directions.

On the web site select SUPPORT and then SAFETY and SERVICE INFO.
Then input the aircraft model you are searching for and scroll down the list.

There are physical limit stops for the up and down motion of the stab located on the stab spar/pivot point (similar for the rudder and flaperons). It is important that the limits of motion for the stab (and rudder and flaperons for that matter) be dictated by those physical stop limits and NOT by the control column. Ideally, you should feel the individual control surface hit its limit stops just a bit before you feel the control stick hit its own limit stops. Be sure that when you tighten the stab control cables as specified in the plans that the above relationship holds true.

Just found the manual, right in front of me!!

It is hitting the control column stop first, so adjustments are needed.

As usual, a fountain of knowledge here.

Another test:
Pull the control stick firmly full aft and hold. There should be no up-down play in the elevator.
Then push the control stick firmly full forward and hold. There should be no up-down play in the elevator.

Back