What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint shop for my plane?

papa-papa

It is almost time for my RV-3 to be painted. I now have 40 hours on it and am looking for someone in the Illinois,Wisconsin, Iowa and Indiana area to get prices for preparing and painting the plane. Do anyone know of anyone??? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Perry

[email protected]

Watertown ... Wisconsin Aviation

I believe there is a paint shop at RYV (Watertown, WI). I learned to fly at their FBO, and they were always moving taped-up planes in and out of an adjacent shop. I can't recommend them, but they are close to where my build is taking place.

Watertown (Randy) does about the best paint job around. Also, Reedsburg has a painter who does quality work. I am heading to Reedsburg today to get a quote.

Why not fly that bad boy down to Texas and have Glo Custom do it! They are an advertiser on this site, RV experienced (that's almost all they do) and do a great job. Plus Grady and Brandon are great guys :)

I used Euroairaviation

I had mine painted at EuroAirAviation (.com) at C35 in Wisconsin. You can see their work and pics of my plane (Giovanni's RV7) on their website.

Euroair aviation in Reedsburg

I had my RV-7 painted by Denis at Euroair a few years back and i can tell you that he did a great job ata fair price. The paint has held up very well. I have since sold the 7 and purchased a RV-8A un painted that Denis will be painting in the future.

Painter Tips

As always you ask a question and the VAF members come to the rescue with answers. I will check on all shops and again thanks to all (Texas, thanks anyway, I just don't have it in me to fly that far for paint).

Thanks much and blue skies to you

Perry

RV-3 built and flying
Cassutt built and flying (for sale)
RV-6 bought and flying

Starduster Too rebuilt and flying and sold--really miss this one
Pitts S1S rebuilt and flying and sold, miss this one--not so much
Cassutt built and flown 10 yrs,1000 hours and sold. really miss this one

Whip Air (sp?) at Fleming Field south Saint Paul. Outstanding shop. Really cool just hanging out there with all of the float planes (yes, they make floats).

Forrest

Back