What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Did the deed

shanecfi

Well we finally ordered the first two kits (RV-14A-empennage and wings) on November 8, 2016. I initially said I would wait and just have the wings and empennage sent at the same time in January. That thought lasted until my first contact saying they could send the empennage right out. Well the empennage is here and so are the tools from Cleveland Tool.

Inventory has began and continues, along with transforming a wood shop into an airplane factory. Timeline is to have the air frame done in time for retirement (1072 days-yes I have a count down timer) and then buy the 390 and avionics.

Shane Barker (Commercial/instrument)

Last edited:
Congrats Shane! Remember while building.... slow and steady. Almost all my mistakes were caused by rushing.

Congratulations

I would have tried to talk you out of it but it is too late now!

So now that you are in, if you haven't read it already I would run out now and get at least 6 of those compartment organizers that you can store small screws, nuts, in and a couple that will hold other larger things like the size of a screwdriver perhaps. What I did was to unbag things and keep the bag number in each compartment... it sure help as many months go by and it is hard to remember where they are otherwise and makes it so much less frustrating to reach for the compartment # 998 and find the screws needed.

I reviewed my plans and I used hiliter to find the section say A-A and then draw a line to the exploded view A-A. So many little details in those .

This will be a long journey , too long for me, but I am close now and it is feeling good.... I am sure you will and good luck!;);)

Congratulations

Welcome to the club of RV14 builders👍. It's an interesting journey. I agree with Rob, slow and steady works best for me too. I will also add that when a mistake does happen...sleep on it before you make it worse. Resist the urge to fix it "right now". I speak from experience...a few times😳

Back