What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADSB antenna location

An easy way that keeps separation distances good is to mount both the ADS-B receiver and antenna aft of the baggage compartment rear bulkhead. Make a simple mount for the receiver and the coax run to the antenna is less than two feet. My receiver needed only a single four conductor shielded wire to connect it to the rest of the system.

Carl

Since the OP is in Canada I'm not sure exactly what he's asking. Are you asking about ADSB-in, for when you visit the US?
For ADSB-in I have a Skyradar mounted up front behind a side panel, with its antennas on the front fiberglass door pillars. Works great.

I mounted my GDL-39R as Carl suggests. Keep in mind that Garmin recommends that the antenna have a minimum separation of 3.3 feet from the transponder antenna or other high-power transmitter such as a VHF radio.

I put my Transponder antenna just behind the firewall and the ADS-B antenna behind the baggage bulkhead to keep at least 3-4 ft separation.

Back