What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Mechanical Fuel Injection for the 912 i being developed

Thought this was interesting with all the talk of EFI lately that this company has chosen to develop a mechanical FI system for the carbed 912.

Serious player too...Gilbert Beringer.

That's an AFP drum mixture valve metering assembly on a small bore throttle. Hard to guess throat size. Injectors are standard Bendix style, same as Lycoming. Nice tuned intake. Me like.

"engine running without electricity"

Seems to me you can't have sparks without electricity. What's he using to fire the plugs?

The 912 has a separate coil on the back of the engine that powers the capacitive discharge ignition independent of the battery. Similar to magneto in that the engine has to be spinning to self-generate voltage for ignition. Once the engine is running, the battery may be removed. Unlike a magneto, there is a minimum engine rotation speed (I think 500 RPM) required to self-generate voltage and operate the CD ignition.

Don Rivera developed FI for 912 a few years back, I saw it in his shop attending weekend FI class, it was neat.
Not positive about this but believe Rotax paid for it, may be what is today the 912 with factory FI.
Would be nice to see such a retrofit.
I don?t like carbs.

Don Rivera developed FI for 912 a few years back, I saw it in his shop attending weekend FI class, it was neat.
Not positive about this but believe Rotax paid for it, may be what is today the 912 with factory FI.

Factory is EFI, not constant flow.

My Honda 2010 Elite motor scooter has Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI). Four-stroke, overhead-cam, liquid-cooled, 108cc, 100 mpg. Reliable to beat-the-band. Can carry the whole family...

Last edited:
Motor Bike

In Asia those are family cars, delivery trucks, etc. It is amazing what you see people doing on those in Asia.

Back