What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone near Allentown/Doylestown PA area?

Sig600

Well Known Member
Anyone one in the area? Have recommendations on hangar availability in the area for RV-7 construction?

Anyone one in the area? Have recommendations on hangar availability in the area for RV-7 construction?

There are couple builders/flyers at KDYL but I haven't seen them on VAF for a while. Take a closer look at Sky Manor there is a large and friendly RV community there.

I am just 8 RV minutes away to the east stop by any weekend if you need something. Princeton 39N.

And Vlad, let's not forget KPTW

Heritage field is south of Allentown and west of Doylestown - another RV infested location with hangar availability (usually).

Thanks Vlad, we have 9 RVs and two under construction, one had its first flight Sunday morning. N40 Sky Manor

Slipped through the cracks

Thanks Vlad, we have 9 RVs and two under construction, one had its first flight Sunday morning. N40 Sky Manor

Sunday morning when? I was on a drone patrol all morning. Not much was going on your frequency. Your chopper, a Bo on GPS practice and other small stuff. I couldn't sniff any RV :D

ABE-DYL

Give the Ladies a call at the Bucks county Airport Authority
3879 Old Easton Rd, Doylestown, PA 18902
Phone: (215) 345-1970

They oversee Vansant, Quakertown and Doylestown.

Hope this helps.

I just moved into what they call a "portable" hangar at KDYL which is basically a big aluminum yard shed with no lights or power. They had no available hangars with power. KDYL has had a multi-year waiting list for hangars for a long time so if you want to be eventually based there I would get on it by calling the airport authority which Tim noted above. There are quite a few RV's based there that have all been built by the current owners. Lots of advice available.

Regards,
Doug M
RV6
2013 Dues Paid

How far along?

Sig600, how far along are you in the build? I've got an emp kit underway in my garage in the Harrisburg area.

Always happy to lend/borrow an extra pair of hands!

nyone near Allentown/Doylestown PA area?

Odd, the subject of DYL should come up. My son and family just moved to Doylestown from Lebanon TN 2 months ago. We visit the grand kids every July and will be making the trip to Doylestown this July. I had just ask him to try to find hangar space for about a week in the July time frame. Dan

I think there is 1 or 2 open hangers at KPTW a little further west (20 nm from KDYL ). PM me me if you want me to contact the owner of the hangers.

That's a pretty good hike, I'm trying to find a place closer to DT. Queen City has hangars but that's about as far away as I want to get.

Thanks though.

You might want to walk in and talk directly to the airport authority people at DYL. They have an office in the FBO. They often know of someone that is willing the share a hangar. I was a line guy there when I was teenager and it was common to see several planes crammed into some of the larger hangars.

As a point of reference, I was on the waiting list at KDYL for over 4 years before I received a call from the Airport Authority for a "P" (Portable) hanger. That was in September of last year. I took the last one available at the time. I completed as much of my build in my garage and then moved to put the wings on and tail section. The hangers have no electricity but if your neighbor has electricity you can run an electric cord to get a compressor running and basic lighting to continue your build. Depending upon whether the prior hanger tenant chose to do some improvement the portable hangers also get wet floors when it rains (due to being dropped on top of the blacktop). What I have been told by the airport authority is to rent the first available hanger to get yourself in the system to trade up to an improved hanger with electricity. I have been on that inside waiting list since September and there has not been any movement yet.

Thread Revival:

Anyone aware of hangar space in the Allentown, PA area? I'm planning to move there this summer and will definitely be flying out of Newark professionally. I was looking at Allentown, Queen City, Sky Manor (NJ), and Braden Airpark, PA for locations to keep my RV-4, but I'm open to others as long as I can live close to the small airport and no further than 1.5 drive to EWR.

Also, are there any airparks in the area where one can live with their airplane?

Thanks!

Sky Manor is great!

We go there a lot for breakfast. Several RVers there. Quieter airspace too. Go check it out!!

We go there a lot for breakfast. Several RVers there. Quieter airspace too. Go check it out!!

That’s awesome and I plan to! Know of any hangars? It’s counter productive for me to Find a rental house if I’m going to be an hour from my rv4 again!

Is eastern PA really this sleepy for RVs? Still need a Hangar for my mistress (rv4). Thanks!

Eastern PA is very active. I fly often and nearly every time I am in the air I spot an RV. All year around. I assume they are all under VAF radar :)

Sig600, how far along are you in the build? I've got an emp kit underway in my garage in the Harrisburg area.

Always happy to lend/borrow an extra pair of hands!

Whoa! I'm near Grantville and working on a -7 empennage. I work in the Harrisburg area and we definitely need to get together if you're interested. Send me a PM.

Eastern PA is very active. I fly often and nearly every time I am in the air I spot an RV. All year around. I assume they are all under VAF radar :)

Ok good to know. I?m just gonna need to fly on up and see for myself!

Back