What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hose Change 912ULS

dinowal

My '12 is approaching the age where it needs the required 5 year rubber hose change. I am wondering where to access the replacement hoses & would appreciate any tips & things to avoid from anyone with experience in the process. Cheers, DEAN...

I used 5/8? heater hose after looking at the hose specs. One hose from the cylinder to the coolant header tank required a pre-molded right angle. The radiator hose was also an automotive hose. I found the supplier on Google, and the pressure and temperature specs well exceeded anything that you can expect to see. I got the idea from the ROTAX course instructor who said he routinely used automotive heater hose.

I'm getting close to that time too, Dean and will most likely go with Aircraft Specialty's teflon hose kit.

For the coolant hoses, automotive pre-molded heater hose is fine. Better would be a high temp silicone pre molded hose, like some of the aftermarket race car suppliers use.
Please dont use heater hose for oil and fuel hoses!

Tom

2022 is my ten year replacement. I already did the TS Flightline fuel hose replacement to get rid of that time-limited replacement, and if they have a lifetime replacement for coolant and oil in 2022 I will definitely buy it. I am very happy with the quality of the fuel system mod and TSF?s customer service.

Back