What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pre-buy inspection in Michigan?

Sumo

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum... been lurking and learning for a while though - thanks for all the good gouge!

Anyway, I'm about ready to pull the trigger and buy a RV-6A (my first airplane!).I found what looks like the perfect plane for me... my only concern is that it's in Michigan and I'm in Nevada. (It's an airworthy plane - not a projecet.)

I am looking for advice on the "next step" - is it standard to find someone local in Michigan to do a pre-buy inspection, or do I just fly out there with an experienced RVer friend and then return home with my new plane?

Along those lines - is anyone here in Michigan interested in doing a pre-buy inspection? :)

Thanks for your help, and looking forward to joining the club!

cheers,
-anna

Anna,

Where in Michigan, depending on time and location, I will se a bunch of IA and RVers this weekend. I can help spread the word for you.

King

inspection in Michigan

Hi Anna,

I am a DAR in Michigan and built and fly an RV-6. I have issued dozens of airworthiness certificates on RV's. I may have inspected the aircraft your talking about. Drop me an email and maybe I can help.

Ted Gauthier
[email protected]
(248) 933-0062 cell

DAR - Detroit, MISO

Old news

Hi Ted and James,

I'm not sure how this post got brought up to the top - I really appreciate the offer, but that was about a year ago.
I'm really happy to report that I bought my -6A last year and absolutely love flying it.

Blue skies,
-Anna

Back