What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It...is official. RV-7 it is!!

SilverEagle2

Well Known Member
Friend
It...is official. I finally decided which version. RV-7 it is!!

After stewing about it for several years while building the tail and wings...I emailed my order form for the fuselage today and paid the deposit.

I am building a RV-7 Tip-Up! :D

Pretty excited and had to share.

Clicking picture takes you to my log entry.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

Jason, congrats on the first step down a long and enjoyable road.

Thanks Mike!

I have been walking down this road for some time. Just finally came to a crossroads of sorts and had to decide which path to take.

Goooooooooooo Jason !!!

Love your tip/tail 7 choice! i just competed riveting my turtle deck today, bolted the engine/mount to the firewall for the final time (I hope) and it is sitting on the gear (sans wheels) for the first time. A little wobbly, but that will firm up soon - <joke>.

After assemble, check, disassemble, store, recheck, finish details etc it was very rewarding to assemble and rivet that skin. Then bolt on the engine. I share your excitement.

Welcome to builders central.

Congrats!

I started my 7A Tip Up in late 2003. I took a five year hiatus at one point to start a business and now build as my schedule allows. My advice is to keep it fun. I just received my finish kit a couple of weeks ago. I'm running full steam ahead to the finish line. I always tell folks that I am enjoying the building almost as much as the flying. Good stress relief for me! (most of the time) :eek:)

Enjoy!!

Ben
New Mexico
RV-7A Tip Up

Jason,
I started wanting a slider and ended up with a tip up. I think both have their points and you would be happy with either. Best of luck. I need to come down and see you again and check your progress.

Have fun!

The fuse kit was fun! That is when folks realy started to believe I WAS building an air O plane!

Congrats, that is a big decision we all fret over for awhile! We went with the -7 Tipper as well and couldn't be happier!

You won't be disappointed. Ya do have to hold on to the canopy when it isn't latched to prevent the wind catching it and either slamming it shut or acting as a sail. Never leave it open unattended. Build on!

Good choice!

Jason, congratulations on making a good choice! Tailwheel or nosewheel, I think the tip-up is the way to go. I'm thrilled with mine. :) The first time you sit in it under the canopy and enjoy the view, you'll know you made the right choice. You'll enjoy the fuselage kit. It's been my favorite so far.

It's here, it's here, it's here!!!!

And now in the way!

Time to get back at the tanks and wings!

Pretty dang excited.

Good feeling isn't it?? I ordered my RV-7 fuse and finish kit on March 18. I'm still waiting for it to arrive but I'm in no hurry-I still have to rivet the bottom skins on the wing.

Congratulations on the Tipper and dragger.... I love mine.

See ya in the air soooooonn...

do a little bit every day... even if it is one rivet... or drawing one piece out.

Smilin' Jack

Back