What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X flap and trim display problem

caapt

Well Known Member
I have a G3X Touch display with Vertical power system. My flaps, Pitch and roll trims all work correctly. The flap and pitch trim indicators do not show the correct position and bounce up and down continusly with no control surface movement. The roll trim indicator is frozen in the center position. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Can you confirm the serial data between the VP-X and the G3X are working? Also check on the VPX that J10 pin 9 and J12 pin 4 are grounded.

Jay

Calibration

Are they calibrated and are you using the right inputs? Sometimes the simple things are the culprit.

Problem Solved

Working with Josh at stein air we discovered that an incompatibility between the garmin config and the VPX config. I deleted the Garmin config for flaps and pitch trim and immediately, everything worked. Thanks Josh

How to delete Garmin config?

I am having a similar problem and wondered how you delete the garmin config? I'll try that.

Also, anyone running the G3X, I was using a SD card for the last year and recently reformatted it. (FAT 32) now it says card unreadable, format to FAT 32.

Anyone run into this?

G3X Trim Position

I am having a similar problem and wondered how you delete the garmin config? I'll try that.

Also, anyone running the G3X, I was using a SD card for the last year and recently reformatted it. (FAT 32) now it says card unreadable, format to FAT 32.

Anyone run into this?

When using the VP-X for trim position, you need to disable any General Purpose inputs that may be configured for trim position on the GEA 24. This can be done powering the G3X up in configuration mode, touching Engine & Airframe, and reviewing your settings for the GP inputs. If there are any set as a Trim position input, you will want to disable them.

Thanks,

Justin

Yep

I had to do the same thing.

A question for the G3Xpert...

Can the GP 1 and GP 2 inputs now be used as a discrete (using the 5k resistor) or do they need to remain in None (disabled)?

GP Input Discrete

I had to do the same thing.

A question for the G3Xpert...

Can the GP 1 and GP 2 inputs now be used as a discrete (using the 5k resistor) or do they need to remain in None (disabled)?

If you are not using GP1 or 2 for any other purpose, yes they can be used as a discrete input.

Thanks,

Justin

Discretes

Thanks for that!

More specifically, as long as the configuration is NOT elevator or aileron trim in the G3X configuration page, the GP 1 and GP 2 are free to be used for something else, correct?

Trim Flag

So I deleted the GP Trim settings under the GEA 24 tab in the configuration mode, however, i'm still getting a Red Trim flag on the EFIS although the trim system is working fine with position indications coming from the VPX on the EFIS showing correctly.

TRIM Annunciation

So I deleted the GP Trim settings under the GEA 24 tab in the configuration mode, however, i'm still getting a Red Trim flag on the EFIS although the trim system is working fine with position indications coming from the VPX on the EFIS showing correctly.

It sounds like you have the system programmed to expect a GSA 28 as a trim servo. Power on your system in configuration mode, touch LRU, and disable any trim servos that are enabled on this page.

Thanks,

Justin

G3X Touch Trim, Flap & Rudder display size

Greetings;
I have a full G3X Touch System, I find that the Flap, Trim and Rudder display could be visually larger on the display, also the location….is that one setting for all?
Thank you

Last edited:
Back