What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking to Learn

nubpilot

I'm New Here
My name is Jeremy and I am trying to get more involved in aviation. I am currently a student pilot looking to continue to training for my Sport Pilot certificate, but there are no qualified planes available in this area (other than a Cub, which is a little outside my weight restriction). I have attended one of my local EAA meetings and am really looking into building a plane which would probably be an RV-12, but have no experience.

I ?m curious if there are people with build projects that are looking for some help. I?m really good at moving things around if that is what is needed (pick things up and put them down), but would like to learn the techniques for building an airplane.

Let me know if you could use any assistant or know of another building looking to a little help in return for some training.

thanks.

Would help if you posted where you are located and how far you are willing to drive.

You are 110% correct. I was quick to get this offer out that I forgot.

I'm near KGON (Groton, CT) and will to drive uptown maybe an hour away. I am also working with our local EAA chapter to see if any members have ongoing projects too. I don't think the brand or model matters as I think the EAA members are building RV-7's and I'm looking into an RV-12is.

Thanks for the heads up.
Jeremy

I?m 150 miles away from you, but you?re more than welcome to check out my build. I?m based at KMGJ. My inspection with the DAR is scheduled for March 21 and first flight will be sometime shortly after that - so there isnt a ton of building going on any more. Mostly just buttoning a bunch of things up. For the Van?s RV series, once you?ve seen one under construction, you?ve seen them all - they?re all assembled pretty much the same.

I?m 150 miles away from you, but you?re more than welcome to check out my build. I?m based at KMGJ. My inspection with the DAR is scheduled for March 21 and first flight will be sometime shortly after that - so there isnt a ton of building going on any more. Mostly just buttoning a bunch of things up. For the Van?s RV series, once you?ve seen one under construction, you?ve seen them all - they?re all assembled pretty much the same.

thank you for the offer and I might take you up on that one weekend as I have family in Poughkeepsie, NY. I'll reach out at a later time when we have plans to travel for.a weekend.

Thanks again
Jeremy

Back