What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which Engine Brand?

pilot28906

Well Known Member
I am comparing the different engine makers and would like your input on which engine maker has the best features for an RV7. Experimental Lycoming, Superior, or Titan? I will be using an IO-360, 180HP, Horizontal Induction, 8.5:1 Comp., no fuel return, maybe one P-Mag.
They all seem to have some of the same features but all have some that are different. I am not trying to offend anyone so if you want to email your thoughts I am at [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

That is kind of like asking who makes the best Pickup.

Good luck with getting a useful answer.

The life of your engine has a lot to do with how often you fly it and maintain it.

For example, I have an ECi kit engine (O-360) that I assembled myself, with the help of an IA. it has performed flawlessly for 500+ hours. Others haven't been so lucky with their engine.

Vlad has over 3000 hours or something crazy like that on his O-320, which has given him great service. (I'm not sure where his engine came from.)

I know one guy who's engine didn't make five hours. The good thing is that the engine builder stood behind him. However, his plane was stuck, tied down, outside in the weather, while he waited for his engine rebuild.

Last edited:
That is kind of like asking who makes the best Pickup.

Vlad has over 3000 hours or something crazy like that on his O-320, which has given him great service. (I'm not sure where his engine came from.)

It came from here Bill. Picked up myself. And you are right I got so many hours out of it I can't even count. Still pulling btw... :D

Williamsport%20-%201%202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back