What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EarthX has received the TSO approval from the FAA!

Congratulations EarthX!

Fantastic news, Kathy, well done. Great news about a GREAT battery.

That?s awesome! Congratulations!

Just wondering though, is that the same tech and circuitry in my 3 year old EarthEX?

That’s awesome! Congratulations!

Just wondering though, is that the same tech and circuitry in my 3 year old EarthEX?

It is if your battery is an EarthX EXT900-VNT! This battery is identical to the one that has received the TSO approval..

Here is the link to a recent thread on my project for installing two of them in a symmetrical, fully redundant, twin battery/single alternator system designed for electron-dependant aircraft that rely upon full-time electric fuel pump operation. The whole setup weighs the same as a single PC680, but packs enough backup juice to fly essential systems through an entire tank of gas while quadrupling available cranking power.:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=170109&highlight=Twin+batteries

Congratulations to the very deserving folks at EarthX!- Otis

Last edited:
One year later....first Certified Aircraft approved with the ETX900-TSO!

Amidst all these unprecedented times, progress in the aircraft world is also seeing some unprecedented events! Last year, April 2019, while attending the Sun N Fun tradeshow in Florida, EarthX received the official approval for the certified 12V ETX900-TSO lithium battery. Since then, aircraft companies around the world started the implementation of this battery in their certified aircraft.
On March 20, 2020 the Elixir Aircraft company in France received the type certificate: CS-23, approval on their 100hp VFR version training aircraft which includes the EarthX ETX900-TSO lithium battery! The CS-23 approval reflects the highest level of safety possible today.
We know this time for all of us is difficult, but there are still great things happening too and this is very exciting news for Elixir Aircraft. Congratulations Elixir Aircraft!
https://elixir-aircraft.com/en/the-elixir/training

Jake,
This battery is worth $700, and more. I have flown an ETX900 in KELLI GIRL for almost 4 years now: Spectacular starting power, reliable, light, powerful...I love it! Don't knock it 'till you try it (if you haven't already). While there may be many examples, I for one know few companies who have worked so hard to innovate, build, improve, renovate, and field such cutting edge E-AB technology, and support it so well as they have. I am thrilled to fly this battery.

Kathy,
Fantastic news! And yet I'm not surprised. What a great endorsement for EarthX to earn! Onward and upward, EarthX! :cool:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You have worked hard to EARN it.

From a long time "believer" (who has been "off the grid" and just had to take a 10-minute break) ...

Jake,
This battery is worth $700, and more. I have flown an ETX900 in KELLI GIRL for almost 4 years now: Spectacular starting power, reliable, light, powerful...I love it! Don't knock it 'till you try it (if you haven't already). While there may be many examples, I for one know few companies who have worked so hard to innovate, build, improve, renovate, and field such cutting edge E-AB technology, and support it so well as they have. I am thrilled to fly this battery.

Kathy,
Fantastic news! And yet I'm not surprised. What a great endorsement for EarthX to earn! Onward and upward, EarthX! :cool:

Sid,
Seems the ETX900 gets rave reviews. I will certainly consider it as a replacement when my PC680 gives up the ghost.
Thanks

Myself and another RV-8 on the field have been flying EarthX batteries. His is an EXT690 and Mine is the EXT900-VNT. Both have been flawless. We have the battery's fault monitoring wire hooked up as discreet inputs into our GEA 24 EIS module for G3X Touch for battery warnings. His is on the firewall and mine is behind the baggage area of the fuselage. That's why I went with the vented battery instead of the non-vented. Mine is aft of the firewall. I even used the EarthX ventilation kit to combine both vents into one for venting overboard.

Rl809Fg.jpg

Beautiful installation!

Myself and another RV-8 on the field have been flying EarthX batteries. His is an EXT690 and Mine is the EXT900-VNT. Both have been flawless. We have the battery's fault monitoring wire hooked up as discreet inputs into our GEA 24 EIS module for G3X Touch for battery warnings. His is on the firewall and mine is behind the baggage area of the fuselage. That's why I went with the vented battery instead of the non-vented. Mine is aft of the firewall. I even used the EarthX ventilation kit to combine both vents into one for venting overboard.

Rl809Fg.jpg

Thank you for the picture! As you know, a picture is worth a thousand words right? We are pleased to see you and your friend are enjoying the batteries! The RV-8 community has to be our most popular customer! I call it the "corvette" of the RV's and weight (or lack of it I should say) and power are most important features to this group. Thank you for your business, we do appreciate it!

Back