What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finding a Rudder trim control horn

StarvinRV10

I'm New Here
I'm in the process of getting the necessary parts needed for my rudder trim controller, but having difficulty finding a horn. Aircraft spruce stocks the RA T4-5 servo, clevis and threaded rod that I need, but no horn. I can fab one up if needed, just finding it odd that this isn't a regular part carried by Spruce. Any suggestions?

"Any suggestions" -

Yeah, don't bother - you don't need it. When I first got the kit and was looking through everything I thought "why an aileron trim but not a rudder trim? - surely it should be the other way round" Nope - they got it right.....

"Any suggestions" -

Yeah, don't bother - you don't need it. When I first got the kit and was looking through everything I thought "why an aileron trim but not a rudder trim? - surely it should be the other way round" Nope - they got it right.....

Paul,
I bought a finished -10 this spring and have flown it almost 150 hours. It has no trims at all. I do need a couple of pounds of right rudder in climb and left rudder in descent, the ball will be just touching the line otherwise.

Why do you think the plane needs aileron trim?

Aerosport

Just use the spring bias system. If you want it electric, it can be easily modified for that, no structural changes...

Paul,
I bought a finished -10 this spring and have flown it almost 150 hours. It has no trims at all. I do need a couple of pounds of right rudder in climb and left rudder in descent, the ball will be just touching the line otherwise.

I?ve never flown in a 10 but my 7A uses aileron trim almost every flight. If no one is in the right seat the left wing is heavy. If both sides have individuals who are close in weight then the aileron trim is neutral until I burn a fuel tank significantly lower than the one on the other side and then I need to trim to compensate. I like to be able to maintain heading hands free!

Paul,

What Jim said.....

Back