Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-14-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhill View Post
I'm having trouble with the math $3,000.00 to up grade and I'll be on my own to sell the orphaned mount + Leg. If that's not bad enough Vans has set the resale price to $720 as this is the difference in price on the web site between the two mounts. Vans list for the old mount&leg are $1467.50,that's a $745.50 chop that Vans has built into the deal. The law of supply/demand will automatically put these mounts at the bottom of the pile as a number of them will be for sale.
On the flip side of the coin $1467.50+$720 =2187.50, that's $812.50 under the price quoited to me. When the 7 wouldn't recover fast enough Van sent a new rudder kit,FREE. When cracks developed,I ordered punched stiffeners for a reasonable cost.I'm all about safety,and yes,I want Vans to be in business for years to come. I'm left feeling kicked in the teeth for $745.00 and gouged to the tune of $812.50 for the improved parts.Some how landing up right is just as important as recovering from a spin. Given the small number of upgrades Vans can and should do more to help with the cost of this upgrade.IMHO
RHill
Look at it another way. You were satisfied with "the deal" you had with Van's until a couple of weeks ago when better (?) components were released.
Nothing has changed in the deal you already had going. If you were happy with those parts before, why not be happy with them now?

I look at it the same way you feel when new avionics are released, obsoleting whatever you have. It was gonna happen one day. In this case, it just happens to be today with your nosegear.

Personal experience: The RV-7 was announced about a week after the first flight of my -6. Stuff happens. I'm still pretty happy with my -6. ;-)
2019(?) RV-10
Old 08-14-2019, 07:49 PM

Tom-

Had he already drilled or was his an un drilled firewall?

Getting a little anxious to get mine for my already drilled FW.

Would love to see some more pics if you could share :-)
Working on cowl
2018 and 2019 VAF dues paid
Old 08-14-2019, 08:14 PM

Default Thats life & Facts don't care about my feelings

I understand, I've held off finishing my 7a due to an unhappy wife and the noodle nose gear. I'll bite the bullet and upgrade. $3K is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of the finished ship. I've seen enough flips to know its a matter of when not if. The RV10 and so far the 14 have not landed upside down in the numbers attributed to this gear leg. If I may be so bold as to say. landing without a anti-splat brace is the equivalent of ridding without a helmet.
Regardless of either system the wheel bearing + balance issue still need to be addressed.
RHill

Last edited by rhill : 08-14-2019 at 08:31 PM.