What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pushrod socket lenght?

jibby212

Well Known Member
I have a O360 A2F that I ordered a set of used pushrod sockets for the hydraulic tappets, mine were rusted. The set I received is shorter than the originals, .688" vs the original .750" The originals would bottom out on the outside of the plunger assembly and they have a hole on the side. With the newer set, the inner plunger bottoms out before the socket body touches the outside of the plunger barrel and it has no hole through the outer surface, it also has a groove inside to divert oil. Hopefully I am explaining that good enough. It seems to me that the main difference is how they are lubed, the one I have uses the hole and the shorter one allows the oil to go around the bottom or back side. My parts says the part # is 78524. I don't know if this is what I have or what has been sent to me. Does anyone know that there might have been a change and if the parts are interchangeable? This has been a slow and expensive endeavor but I am finally getting close.

Back