What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy release mechanism

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Hello Friends,

I'm fabricating the tip-up canopy release mechanism (the forward one), and there's a call out for MS20392-2C13 Clevis bolts to on the articulating rods (see photo). I cannot find them. Does anyone recall if they come with the finish kit or with another sub-kit?

Thanks,

T.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

OK, checked and rechecked, they're not there. Guess I'll have to call Vans.

Thanks.

Inventory

I can't claim to do everything, or even most things right but I have been happy with how I keep track of the parts/hardware. I use the inventory list that comes with the kits (fuselage, wings, finishing...) and on it you can see all the bags and what is included in each bag. I keep the bags numerically on a shelf and try to cross off the parts on the inventory as I use them up. Sure I dump bulk rivets, screws, bolts and nuts out but for all the odd/special hardware it makes it easy to find when I need it.

Keep building,
KC

It's an rv9

In my build I just omitted the handle and hope to keep the lever underneath panel, that is it the Garmin 430 doesn't interfere. My point is that an rv9 is a non aerobatic airplane thus a canopy jettison is not required.

I can't claim to do everything, or even most things right but I have been happy with how I keep track of the parts/hardware. I use the inventory list that comes with the kits (fuselage, wings, finishing...) and on it you can see all the bags and what is included in each bag. I keep the bags numerically on a shelf and try to cross off the parts on the inventory as I use them up. Sure I dump bulk rivets, screws, bolts and nuts out but for all the odd/special hardware it makes it easy to find when I need it.

Keep building,
KC

You should duplicate this post in an "inventory tips" thread in the tips section. This is a good idea and one that comes to full bloom at the end of a build.

Back