What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Portland Powder Coating

ERushing

Well Known Member
Has anyone worked with a powder coating outfit in Portland? I'm hoping to have my rudder pedal frame stripped and re-powder coated in black.

Any recommendations?
Thanks!

I know Rob and the crew at Advanced Flight systems have a lot of powder coating jobs done here in Portland. They could probably recommend the shop.

Van?s has all their stuff done in Portland, you could ask them. I wish you would not do them in black though, makes it very hard to inspect them for cracks, just a thought.

I have worked with them. They did a good job for a reasonable price and will do small jobs. They also turned it around quickly.
There is a good place in Vancouver as well that my neighbors have used and they speak well of them. I can get that company name if you need a second place to look at.

One consideration if you want to do it yourself would be to scuff, prime, and paint right over the top of it. I did this with my roll bar and canopy frame with good results.

Last edited:
Good thought Russ. Hadn't really thought of that.

As for shops - I'll ask Vans who they use. Good thought!

I did that exact thing

I had that done @ Top Coat Industrial Finishing in Hillsboro.
All the parts I brought them fell into the $100 minimum category.
Got both sticks, pedals, and some firewall feed thru's done.
They did a great job and were done when promised.

I wish I would have thought to do the tailwheel parts and spring at that time.

If you want to make a combined order shoot me a PM and I'll go with you and Introduce you to the folks.

Powder coating

I did it but not in OR. Lots of comments about crack visibility. Turns out there are lots of parts on planes powder coated black. That said, I didn't change the gear weldments or engine mount. I wanted more crack visibility on those parts. Steps were powder coated black after the new reinforcement was done. I also ordered canopy frame parts bare so I could powder coat them black after fitting. Not saying it's a good thing. You'll need to make that decision.

There is a shop here in St.Helens that is local to me that does powdercoating. PSP Powder Coating is their name.

I haven't had a reason to use them but I know there main fab shop does good work. They are part of Pacific Stainless that is right next door.

They sponsor a lot of local stuff for the county fair and buy some of the 4H kid's animals, so I like to go to them whenever I can.

Back